This 4-session programme is highly interactive. It introduces a practical framework for action which you will learn by applying it to your own organisation.
Purpose and business
- No one gets out of bed to move a KPI: The importance of purpose to employee engagement.
- Best and worst practices in purpose-driven employee engagement.
- Why many purpose statements remain words without action.
The purpose canvas – PART 1
- Connecting purpose – profit & (employee) passion
- CASE: The Insurance Company – from scoring to caring.
- Application: Applying the purpose canvas to your business.
The purpose canvas – PART 2
- Group discussion: The purpose canvas work and insights
- Getting started: The right way to put purpose on the leadership agenda
- (Re-)building a purpose statement as a cross-functional team
From statement to action – PART 1
- Connecting the general company purpose to the job of every employee.
- Ensuring that every team is willing, skilled and able to make the company purpose, their own
- Application: Connect your purpose canvas to one or more departments in your company
From statement to action – PART 2
- Group discussion: Individual departments and the purpose canvas
- Workshop designs to let employees self-discover the job’s purpose (rather than telling them)
- On governance: how to introduce your purpose to the organisation
Purpose driven transformation – PART 1
- How transformations really work. A conversation about preferential attachment, exponentiality, social dynamics and risk of a burning platform.
- The transformation canvas: building a movement for change
- Application: Prototype a first transformation canvas for your business.
Purpose driven transformation – PART 2
- Group discussion on individual transformation canvases
- Measuring the impact of your purpose efforts on engagement, motivation, working style, …
- Helping leadership teams to deal with practical purpose-profit disconnects.
- You will get it wrong: building a mindset for experimentation & improvement.
Implementing your purpose engagement plan
- Doing a purpose scan in your business
- Create a roadmap for purpose-based engagement (or transformation)
- Position HR as the business partner for engagement through purpose
PRE AND POST SELF-ASSESSMENT
To truly tailor your experience and ensure you’ll get maximum value of any new insights, the programme’s content will be reinforced with two self-assessments:
- Before the first programme session, you’ll evaluate how your business lives its purpose today.
- At the end of the programme, you’ll describe how you would like your company to operate in the future.
Combined with the contents of the programme, these two measurements give you a first starting point to measurably improve the impact of your corporate purpose on your employee engagement.
- For those interested, two optional implementation reviews can be organised to discuss progress and longer-term achievements (which can be part of a third measurement which compares your desired future with your current reality).
- MCE experts can provide personalised coaching to help you apply the insights and frameworks from the programme in your business.
- A customised version of the programme can be delivered to inspire your HR teams or help them engage your people with the purpose of your business.
- In case you want truly in-depth support, our specialists and trusted partners are available to provide hands-on assistance in bringing your company purpose to life.